Wednesday, April 23, 2008

39:00

That's how many minutes I took to complete the 5.6 km run for the JP Morgan Chase Corporate Challenge Event. It's about two and a half minutes more than my last year's time. Naturally I was disappointed as I hoped I could improve on my last year's performance. But I guess I kind of expected this result - I hardly trained for the run this time, and I think I had a bad lunch before the run - I should have just stuck to some soup or something instead of having that prata and following it with an icecream cake. I started feeling pain in my stomach after running just 2 km. After that I could never really take off - I was walking a few times in between. I do believe though that if I had run all the way, there was a good chance I could have bettered my 2007 result by a minute at least. Oh well - next year I guess.

No comments: